What You Need to Know
16 or Under Swims for Free
Aucklanders aged 16 years and under have free access to all council-operated pools across the region during standard operating hours.
Charges apply to all non-core facility areas like spas, saunas, steam rooms.
Help Us Keep Your Children Safe
Children 0 - 4 years old:
- All children 4 years of age and under must be accompanied in the pool and be within arm’s reach of a caregiver aged 17 years or older at all times.
Childre 5 - 10 years old:
- All children 10 years of age and under must be actively supervised by a caregiver aged 17 years or older at all times. Active supervision means you must watch your children at all times, be able to provide immediate assistance, and be close enough that you can hear and see your child and your child can hear and see you.
Maximum Adult to Child Ratios
- 1 adult to 2 children under 5yrs of age
- 1 adult to 4 children between 5yrs -10yrs of age
- 1 adult to 1 child under 5yrs and 3 children between 5yrs -10yrs of age